We have been a Xero certified bookkeeper since August 2015, but had been using it since January 2015, and have found it to be an excellent bit of cloud software. We attained Bronze partnership with them in March 2016.
Why do we think Xero is excellent?
- It evolves on a continuous basis, yet it keeps the core system the same so any changes do not impact on productivity.
- We have found the support to be excellent, but at the end of the day there are loads of videos to watch which are either built into the software, or you can watch them on Vimeo or as they like to call it Xero TV. I know we would rather watch a 3 minute video than to read text and not see where the solution is in the software.
- The reports you get are also very handy. You can see your profit and loss account month by month all at the same time. This helps you identify if you are missing anything and tracks if you are making profit. Watch the video here.
- Non paying customers are always an issue. Xero can automatically send out statements at the month ends, but you can also set up Xero to send out a reminder that the invoice is due to be paid in 1 weeks time (this is called proactive credit control), or on the day it is due, also reminders that the invoice is now overdue. Or you can set all of the above. You just have to remember that you need to be on top of the money coming in to be able to set up this system, other wise you will get angry customers that will not be happy you are sending them reminders when they have paid. Watch the video here.
- Automated bank feed. Now a common feature in most cloud software. If your software does not have it, dump it and move to one that does as it changes your business for the best. For instance it helps identify who has not paid you faster so you can act on it faster and get your money faster. Watch the video here.
These are just a few reasons why we like Xero. We are committed to giving our clients the best there is. That is why we are a Xero Certified Advisor. To maintain this status we have to maintain it by completing CPD points. This way you know you are getting someone who knows Xero inside out and can help with the majority of the issues you may encounter. Watch the video here.
These are just some of the key features Xero has to offer. If you would like to find out more please feel free to contact me.